These workshops are available for Full Ticket and Multipass holders.
All Full Ticket holders will get an email with a registration link for the workshops, as soon as the full workshops line up is published – a month before the conference.
These workshops will be run remotely via Zoom. The recordings of most workshops will be shared with full ticket holders after the conference.
Crash Course into Remix & Storyblok
You may read already about Remix. You probably already used it, and recently you may hear a lot about the headless CMSs. In this quick course, we will put all the pieces together, and I will show you why Storyblok in combination with Remix is the best combo for your next project. Stop by and try it yourself!
- Introduction to Remix, atomic design & the headless world
- Environment setup
- Creating pages and understanding how the dynamic routing splat routes works
- Future tips and Q&A
Prerequisite(s): Node.js installed, GitHub account.
Brief familiarity with React and Git.
Date & time: November 15, 16:00-19:00 CET. Remote via zoom.
Build and Launch a personal blog using Remix and Vercel
In this workshop we will learn how to build a personal blog from scratch using Remix, TailwindCSS. The blog will be hosted on Vercel and all the content will be dynamically served from a separate GitHub repository. We will be using HTTP Caching for the blog posts.
What we want to achieve at the end of the workshop is to have a list of our blog posts displayed on the deployed version of the website, the ability to filter them and to read them individually.
Bonus: analytics and responsiveness if time will allow us.
- - Setup a Remix Project with a predefined stack
- - Install additional dependencies
- - Read content from GiHub
- - Display Content from GitHub
- - Parse the content and load it within our app using mdx-bundler
- - Create separate blog post page to have them displayed standalone
- - Add filters on the initial list of blog posts
NodeJS installed, GitHub Account, Vercel Account.
Date & time: November 17, 16:00-19:00 CET. Remote via zoom.
How to Solve Real-World Problems with Remix
- - Errors? How to render and log your server and client errors
- - a - When to return errors vs throw
- - b - Setup logging service like Sentry, LogRocket, and Bugsnag
- - Forms? How to validate and handle multi-page forms
- - a - Use zod to validate form data in your action
- - b - Step through multi-page forms without losing data
- - Stuck? How to patch bugs or missing features in Remix so you can move on
- - a - Use patch-package to quickly fix your Remix install
- - b - Show tool for managing multiple patches and cherry-pick open PRs
- - Users? How to handle multi-tenant apps with Prisma
- - a - Determine tenant by host or by user
- - b - Multiple database or single database/multiple schemas
- - c - Ensures tenant data always separate from others
Date & time: November 21, 16:00-19:00 CET. Remote via zoom.
Building a Realtime App with Remix and Supabase
Supabase and Remix make building fullstack apps easy. In this workshop, we are going to learn how to use Supabase to implement authentication and authorization into a realtime Remix application. Join Jon Meyers as he steps through building this app from scratch and demonstrating how you can harness the power of relational databases!
Date & time: November 23, 11:00-14:00 CET. Remote via zoom.